Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ratings Day

Woo Hoo! Great news in radio land!! The Breakfast Club is number 1!! SUN FM did really well!

I don't do well twice a year when our report card comes out. I get sick to my tummy, can't sleep and randomly bust into tears. The control freak in me has a really hard time waiting for something that I have NO control over!

The system for ratings is really ummmm.. unreliable, but it's all we have. Here is how it works based on the size of your market the BBM (Bureau of Broadcast Measurement) sends out "diary's" to pre-chosen people, those people fill out the diarys and write down what station they listen to in 15 minutes incriments. Those results are counted up and the BBM pops out a "book." The book lists what staions in a specific market are listened to the most, and break it down by demographics and time slots. For most radio announcers this is how we keep and/or lose our jobs, it is also what bonus's are based on. Many radio personalities don't make great salaries and depend on performance bonuses to pay off maxed out Visa's, so it's pretty important stuff to us.

When the specific numbers come out I will post them. For now it's happy happy happy :)

So let me repeat. WOO HOO. Great news in radio land, The Breakfast Club is number 1!

No comments: