While working on prep for tomorrows show I came across this article and thought I would share, seems like a great read to start the week!
FIVE WAYS TO MAKE YOURSELF REALLY HAPPY
While some believe happiness is largely determined by a combination of genetics, health and other factors that are largely out of our control, researchers from the University of California, Riverside, have figured out five ways we can take charge of our own happiness -- and in the process actually boost it.
- Be grateful -- How to do it: Write a letter of gratitude to someone who has helped you in some way. This can lead to a lasting increase in happiness over weeks or even months. You don't even need to send the letter to reap the reward. Just writing it can make you feel better.
- Be optimistic -- How to do it: Visualize your ideal future, whatever that may be. Perhaps you long to find a loving partner or secure a fulfilling and challenging job. Imagine all the details and write them in a journal.
- Count your blessings -- How to do it: Every week, write down three good things that have happened to you. By focusing on the positive, you'll remember reasons to be happy.
- Use your strengths -- How to do it: Identify your greatest personal strengths and then try to use them in new ways.
- Commit acts of kindness -- How to do it: Donate your time or money to a charity and you'll not only help others, but also yourself. People who give to others report a boost in their own happiness.