I came across a list that Ralph Lauren did of the 12 things he couldn't live without.. I got me thinking.. While an Aston Martin won't be on my list I was surprised by what was. The only rule I applied was that Family, Friends and Steve where not allowed.. this forcing me to think a wee bit more!
Here we go!
1. Living close to water. A lake. An ocean. A river. A marsh. Even a pond! I get spinney without water near by.
2. A really good hair stylist, currently Roxi and I can't see that changing unless one of us moves. Good hair can change everything: TRUTH.
3. Cowboy boots. I think they keep me in touch with a younger piece of of my soul, that little piece of me that still believes beyond the shadow of a doubt I will one day own a horse.
4. Jack Johnson, Broadway and really good pop music. Basically music that I can sing along to REALLY loud.
5. My china. It may have come from a marriage that has long since disintegrated but I really love it. We eat off it every day and it makes me feel good. It's Design Naif from Villeroy-Boch.
6. An escape plan. That's not as sinister as it sounds! The moment I had a car a learned what freedom was, that has never left me. No matter where I am or what I am doing in the back of my mind I know where the escape hatch is and have a plan in case it needs to be used by myself and those I love.
7. The red chair. It sits in the corner of our livingroom and celebrates style, sophistication and a funky spirit.
8. Great pair of jeans. Need I say more? (I am also going to add a great jacket, purse, bathing suit, interview and night out outfit.)
9. Warm summer nights. Truly a gift.
10. Harvest table. A family heirlom that my Mom passed along to me over 10 years ago. She had it redone when I was a teen and it has 4 fabulous pressback chairs. With every style evolution I have had threw various homes it has always "worked" I love it.
11. Animal Friends. Dogs, marrmots, cats, horses, a walrus! Relationships with different species brings growth, responsibility and generosity of spirit!
12. An opportunity to make a difference.
OK.. let's see your list! You don't have to do 12.. but I want to know, what can you NOT live without!