Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dear Tread Mill..

Dear Tread Mill...

I know it has been to long since we have spent any quality time together, but truthfully it's hard to be around you these days. It's been hard to be around you for the last year.

It started innocently enough an injury prevent me from visiting. I still thought of you, even missed you on occasion, but as time passed you drifted into the back of my mind representing another time, another place, another me.

But you have never left. Just the other day I found myself at your door, ready to go in and get reacquainted but I just couldn't go through the door. I saw you in the corner hanging with your friends looking all proud and representing a time that seems so very very long ago. I didn't even reach for the handle, I just turned and left.

Tread Mill, I want you to know that I think of you every day, your call is getting louder and more insistent. I warn you that when we meet up again you may be disappointed and embarrassed to see what I have become. Please be kind, and be patient as we begin our journey again.

The good news, because we have traveled together before we can avoid past mistakes and move faster down the road to health and well being.

I know, I just need to go stop by and say hello.. maybe we can go for a walk together.

Love, Susan xx

OK Go - Here It Goes Again from OK Go on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Picsie Chick said...

Well spoken and well played, dear Susan. Remember to keep being as gentle and accepting of yourself as you are of Mr. Treadmill. And thank you for the video - it's so cute.

Hugs and butterflies,