Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Eat like a lady!


My sister and I had a fun chat about my determination to eat slowly.. she understands the frustration .. it's a family trait! She told me a story about years ago deciding that she was going to "eat like a lady" to help her lose some weight.. she told a friend, who told a friend.. that friend lost 75 pounds using my sisters theory!

I did some Google-ing and came across these tips...


Here are some clever ways to use table manners to eat less:

1. Cut your food into dainty, bite-sized pieces, and chew each mouthful 20 times. This will give your brain time to register that your stomach is full, and you'll be less likely to overeat.
2. Set the table. This sends your family and friends a clear message that there'll be no mindless munching around the TV, and by interspersing mouthfuls with conversation, you'll also eat less.
3. Use chopsticks to slow yourself down. One reason why Asian nations have traditionally slim populations is that they eat many small courses slowly, over a longer time.
4. Use small plates, glasses and spoons to help you control portion sizes.
5. Use your non-dominant hand to eat. This way, you won't put food into your mouth so quickly.


Hmm.. I will have to be careful with number 5 because I will end up feeding dinner to my ear and I don't think the chop stick one will work for me.. I LOVE using chop sticks and will keep on eating just because it's fun...and I wonder why I have weight issues!!

No comments: