Thursday, January 7, 2010

An extra toe?







A survey by Women in Fitness magazine reveals that 21 to 23 percent of women would spend a week in jail, shave their heads or trade in a decade of their life to reach their ideal weight. 85 percent of those surveyed said they would rather sprout an 11th toe than carry around 50 extra pounds.


I could TOTALLY handle an 11th toe! I might even go for a head shave... but give up 10 years of my life? Mind you I guess if you are 50 pounds too heavy you could be knocking 10 years off your life anyway..


I don't expect an 11th toe anytime soon so I guess I have to stay focused!


Thanks for the comments thus far.. Answers to a couple questions:


1. I will weight myself at the end of the month.. and as much as I am saying 60 pounds I am aiming for a comfortable size 8.. or size 6 at some stores :D


2. I still believe weight loss is about food and maintence is about exercise.


3. More info on twist: http://www.twistkelowna.com/


4. Frozen shoulder: Frozen shoulder, or adhesive capsulitis, is a condition that causes restriction of motion in the shoulder joint. The cause of a frozen shoulder is not well understood, but it often occurs for no known reason. Frozen shoulder causes the capsule surrounding the shoulder joint to contract and form scar tissue. (and mine is getting better now.. and fast!)



No comments: